Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Week 23 Review

Taper week. The runs were slow and steady, just winding down in time for the race. I completely skipped my bike sessions to ensure fresh legs for ATB. This meant for some really low numbers on the training front. March has been a really lousy month with Illness and excessive Taper resulting in a poor small amount of training.

On the other hand, maybe all the taper and rest has did me well. My results at Around The Bay 30Km race was nothing short of exceptional for me. I am very happy with how it turned out. My biggest worry was that all the pain and suffering of training all winter would not reflect in my performance at my first running race, glad I was wrong.


TRAINING (Race Week, ATB Taper, Set 6 Week 4 Base Maintenance Phase)

Swim - 1:40hrs (Short kiddy pool)
Bike - Nil
Run - 3:35hrs

Total - 5:15hrs

1 comment:

  1. Blah blah blah, you had a great ATB. Really, well some of us were too busy feeling sorry for ourselves to enjoy it. Think of the children, for god's sake.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...