Monday, December 6, 2010

Hangover regrets


What a BAD idea

Cold Brisk Post Run
I was so close to another perfect training week. I messed it up though.
Saturday was a looooong day. It was go-go-go from the moment I got up until the moment I passed out. Even though the weather was a blamy -5 celsius, I threw the running gear on and hit the river for my long run. As cold as it was, it was gorgeous out. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and no wind made for a peacefully quiet workout. I felt great, I think I even shaved 10 minutes off of last weeks time! I don't know yet because GarminConnect was offline again this morning when I went to upload the data. Garmin - you suck!
Post long run workout lead me into a race of a different kind. Dress shopping. Mrs. LoTC just had to have a new outfit for the christmas party because the millions of outfits in her closet are "Sooo yesterday!".
100 stores, 500 outfits, and a cinnabon later she finally found something. There's nothing like the mall at Christmas time that makes you want to hang yourself. It was crazy.

I blame it on her!

Being a man, it took me all of one store and 20 minutes to pick something out for myself, compared to her 5000 hours it took find hers. Oh, and I got mine for 50% off. I'm going to have to teach her how to shop one day. Being pressed for time it was a rush to get ready and get out the door. I desperatley needed a nap but it wasn't going to happen. I didn't get to relax all day and now I'm off to an evening with an open bar. This will not end well.
Sunday morning was full of regret. We had a great time the night before but I drank way to much. I rarely drink anymore so I forgot how lousy it feels in the morning. The whole weekend was plagued with unhealthy eating. My body is very unhappy with me.
I thought about my planned long bike ride. I thought about it alot. That is all I did though. It wasn't going to happen. I try to rationalize it by moving the long ride to Monday night and scratching the active-recovery swim I had planned. I dont mind this, since I cant justify paying to use the pool just for a 25 minute swim. Now it should all work out fine.
I just need to make certain I don't skip the bike ride! Must. Stay. Focused! Still feeling the Hangover :(

Long Weekday Run Route



Long Weekend Run Route




Weekday Hills






No Garmin Data Today - Site down - Garmin U Suck!

1 comment:

  1. I'll second that! So much for long run Sunday and like you, I'm still feeling it today. I drank more on Saturday than I drank in the last five years combined. At least the 3+ hrs of nonstop dancing counts as cardio, although it may have been offset by the chocolate fountian.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...